Online Casinos Australia Laws
In Australia, gambling is quite popular, more than 80% of Australian adults use this type of entertainment (this is the highest figure in the world, and Australian residents spend 1.6 thousand dollars more every year than residents of other countries). This is one of the first countries where, in 2001, after adopted legislation, gambling activities began to pay due attention. Just like in any other large civilized country, the gambling business in Australia is completely legal, but there are quite strict rules which are set by online gambling australia laws.
In fact, Australia has one of the most stringent laws and regulations on gambling. The government of the state has developed tough rules and laws to protect the rights of its citizens and replenish the country's budget through taxes on gambling activities.
The Interactive Gambling Act, which regulates gambling, was passed by the Australian Government in 2001. The law is focused on online gambling operators, people winnings are not taxed, because it is not considered a professional activity, but rather leisure, entertainment. The government of the country treats the win not as a profit, but as a player's luck, because after winning this time, the next time, the player will most likely lose. Access to online gambling is fully accessible, companies that are based in Australia can offer their services in other countries.
Taxes imposed on gambling operators depend on the state of incorporation of the company. The income that the state receives from taxes from gambling activities amounts to about 15% of the budget. The following taxes apply:
- Sales tax - this tax is imposed on such gambling games as: tote, lottery ticket sales, bookmaking, etc.;
- Tax on the loss of a player - are subject to the following activities: sports betting, casino, tote, etc.;
- Net Profit Tax - an investment totalizator is subject to income derived from online poker;
- License fees - casinos, lotteries, betting activities, lotto, etc.
Online Gambling in Australia
Online gambling in Australia is regulated at the federal level. In 2001, the Australian Commonwealth Parliament passed the Law “On Interactive Gambling” for the country. Online gambling is also divided into several categories:
- casino games: roulette, card games, poker, craps, miscellaneous;
- gaming machines;
- lotteries, bingo, keno;
- betting on a tote;
- sports betting.
The law allows you to provide online services. However, the operator must be registered in Australia. It is allowed to accept players from other countries where the gambling business is legalized.
Australian slot machine providers
Gambling addiction among residents of the country is expressed not only in participation in games. Several prominent gaming software makers came from Australia. World famous companies are:
- Aristocrat Leisure Limited is a corporation founded more than 60 years ago. The developer specializes in the production of land-based gaming machines, online slots, original bonus systems. The company has licenses to operate in more than 250 gaming jurisdictions of the world. The range of gambling manufacturer includes several hundred models. Aristocrat developments have repeatedly received awards at prestigious international exhibitions;
- Ainthworth is a company founded in 1995 by one of the founders of Aristocrat. Initially, she specialized in the development of devices for land-based casinos. However, over time, the manufacturer took up the development and online industry, adapting several of its models. Today Ainthworth is the supplier of slot machines to most of Europe’s leading online casinos. The collection of games has several dozen different models. Representative offices of the company operate in the USA, South America, Great Britain;
- Lightning Box is a company founded in 2004 by former employees of Aristocrat and IGT. Today it offers interesting models for offline establishments and online casinos. The manufacturer works with most gambling operators. Most Lightning Box devices are available in multi-platform casinos;
- Reel Time Gaming (not to be confused with Real Time Gaming). The company specializes in the release of offline devices, gaming platforms, combining the most popular brand development, individual games, available for integration with any casino. Developer's catalog includes more than a hundred models.
In addition, there are little-known manufacturers of gaming software. For example, Merge Gaming Network is a developer of games for online portals.
The increased interest of local residents in gambling and the tireless work of the country's leadership in improving legislation is a factor in favor of the development of gambling business in Australia. Despite discussions about the feasibility of expanding the industry and stricter requirements for business organizers, the Australian market attracts many international operators. Over the past few months, several well-known companies have announced expansion activities:
- British bookmaker Ladbrokes has signed a partnership agreement with the Professional Golfers Association of Australia;
- Australian Studio Royal Wins has announced the upgrade of its online casino;
- William Hill resumes bidding services in Australia.
In addition, in some states, and offered some relief. In particular, in Western Australia, the ban on gambling aboard casino liners has recently been lifted. For local users developed a special system of protection against ludomania. New regulations are planned to legalize at the federal level. Federal and state governments have reached agreement on most points. Taking into account these and other factors, experts predict the further successful development of the gambling business.
It must be said that Australians are lucky with Internet gambling. They are eagerly served by almost all virtual casinos, regardless of what software they use, under whose license they work, and where their servers are located. Therefore, the choice of players from Australia is very wide. Moreover, many reputable online casinos offer customers from the Green Continent to make deposits and make bets in Australian dollars that are convenient for them, and some even offer them toll-free support services.
100% up to €/$/£ 50
|Prospect hall casino||
100% up to £100 + 50 Extra Spins on Starburst
100% up to €100 Welcome Bonus
|Red Stag Casino||
275% up to 0 + 100 Spins on Dolphin Reef
|Aladdin’s Gold Casino||
200% Slots Welcome Offer
200% up to €200 + 25 Bonus Spins on Starburst
100% up to €200 + 50 Bonus Spins
|21 Dukes Casino||
25 Bonus Spins
100% up to €250
|Sun Palace Casino||
150% up to ,000